Fall in Indiana is my most favorite...... and least favorite.... time of year. I love the smells, the crunching leaves, all the colors, and the little nip in the air.
But all of that leads to something that I really don't like, and that is the need to rake the leaves. It should be easy, right? All we have to do is get the leaves from the yard to the curb, where the big truck comes along and sucks them up. But the thing is, we have TONS of leaves!
- Use the leaf blower. Watch the leaves fly everywhere.
- Resort to the rake when necessary. Watch for blisters to form on the hands.
- Don the gloves and scoop leaves into the huge trash can.
- Drag the trash can down to the street and dump.
- Repeat as many times as necessary.
So, even though all the leaves are not all down yet, it was a beautiful day today, so we spent it outside, raking. Yep, we even pulled the youngest son away from his music and his computer to come join in the fun!
And you can tell how much fun he was having! I don't think this is what he had in mind for his fall break!
But, with most of the leaves raked and piled along the curb, it felt good to go inside and work on getting orders for my newest book boxed and ready to ship out. Yup, it was delivered today!! Woo-hoo! We got many orders processed tonight, will finish up this weekend, and hopefully have it up on the website in a few days.